Over the years my Mom and I have had a few snow bird vacations to Longboat Key, Florida. Last year was probably the most memorable and yet forgettable since we kept finding ourselves imbibing at cocktail hour like we were regulars after the twilight ladies golf league. However, this was not the case, we were just boozy ladies on vacation.
One of my favorite cocktails was the Tommy Bahama Grapefruit Basil Martini. With summer nearly here and Bar-b-q season around the corner, I thought I’d share this porch/deck/boat/grass/rooftop/picnic table libation with all of you! It’s tart, herby, and slightly sweet. You almost feel healthy drinking it!
- 2 oz Premium Vodka
- 2 oz Freshly squeezed grapefruit juice
- 1-2 tsp simple syrup (equal parts sugar and water)
- 2-3 Basil leaves
To get started:
- Muddle a few basil leaves with the simple syrup in the bottom of a glass or shaker.
- Add the vodka, grapefruit juice, and ice.
- Shake until very cold and strain into a martini glass.
- Garnish with a basil leave and serve.
Voila… Cocktail time! Have a safe and happy memorial day weekend! xo-G